3.04.2006

A second post...

Well, even though I've posted once today, now that I've got this ezarchive account I feel the need to use it. So here is another great song you may not have heard of:

Sanso-Xtro - A really great one-woman electronic project on UK-based Type Records. Her sound has so much texture that it's almost like an auditory and physical experience. Generally hypnotic, Melissa Agate flows through a range of emotions in waves. Each song reaches the full boundaries of the emotions it expresses. Check out her website over at sanso-xtro.com, and me know what you think.

Sample Song: The Last Leaf.mp3

So, what's in the "n3wz" here on the "inter-web"?

Shills - Blecch. Yucky subject, It's too hard to care about these guys.

MP3 blog ethics - Well, I'm still trying to figure this one out myself. The way I see it, if you present songs that are available free from the artist's own webpages it's totally legit. If you supply uber-rare b-sides and non-album tracks or live recordings, that's pretty dang kosher, too. If it's something that's not supposed to be free at all, I really don't know. I'm the type of person who buys music they like to support the artist. So if I download an album track and I like it a lot, I'll go buy the album. If I don't like it, I wont listen to it, so I'll just delete it. It's pretty simple. I guess I don't see the harm if that's the type of audience your blog gets. Such a grey area, though.

+joe

Posted by SL @ 9:48 PM

Links to this post:

Create a Link