4.21.2006

The Rapture and Ray LaMontagne








THE RAPTURE has been all over the music blogosphere as of recent, with leaked songs from their upcoming album being posted. The band has asked for people to take down any links to these leaked songs. It's strange how some of this works out. I would think twice about posting leaked material, though. Especially after the recent Gnarls Barkley incident. Coincidently, Danger Mouse, the man behind Gnarls Barkley, has worked with The Rapture on their upcoming album. If I had to guess I would say that he might have a very strong opinion on the mp3 blog issue. Anyway, the lesson is this: Don't post leaked songs unless you want trouble.

Honestly, I don't see what the hype was about, anyway. I've listened to a godd number of their tracks now, and it just sounds like noise to me. Their singers voice is not something I could dance to, but they're considered dance rock!? Anyways...







RAY LAMONTAGNE's been in the elbo.ws "chart" for a while. I've been a fan of this guy for about a year and a half now, since my sister introduced me to "Trouble", his amazing LP. Well, if you're like me you can't wait 'til the next album comes out. The good folks over at I am Fuel, You Are Friends have come up with something to help us bide our time. They've posted a nice collection of unreleased tracks (most likely ones that didn't make it onto "Trouble"). You can download the songs individually or all together in a zip file! Check it out here.

Downloads>>

EXPIRED!!! Ray LaMontagne - All the Wild Horses.mp3
EXPIRED!!! Josh Rouse - EL Otro Lado.mp3
EXPIRED!!! Brett Dennen - Desert Sunrise.mp3

+joe

Posted by SL @ 9:33 AM

Links to this post:

Create a Link