7.17.2006

Radiohead: Rare Songs

I decided that it had been a while since I put up any Radiohead b-sides, remixes, demos, etc. So when I went into my iTunes to select from my catalogue I was surprised to see that I have nearly 800 songs concerning Radiohead (including popular covers, live performances, b-sides, proper remixes, and album tracks. After seeing that, I decided to just start at the beginning. So here I've got an unreleased Radiohead song, a fairly rare B-side, and 3 demos from On A Friday (What Radiohead was originally named). You'll notice that the unreleased song, "Permanent Daylight", was actually made into a string quartet version on Enigmatic: The String Quartet Tribute to Radiohead, which you may have already heard.

It's a lot of fun to listen to the demos, because it helps you see the evolution of this great band. On these particular demos I've selected you'll notice just how trendy sounding they were for the time. What a change they've made! Honestly, though, they're all really good songs, and it's easy to understand why they would write them. They certainly would make it hard to refrain from offering these boys a record deal.

Downloads:
Radiohead - Bishop's Robes (B Side).mp3
Radiohead - Permanent Daylight (Unreleased).mp3
Radiohead - Everybody Lies Through Their Teeth (On A Friday demo).mp3
Radiohead - Give It Up (On A Friday demo).mp3
Radiohead - Keep Strong (On A Friday demo).mp3

Links:
Radiohead's Official Page
Buy Radiohead Stuff

+joe

Posted by SL @ 1:29 AM

Links to this post:

Create a Link