8.02.2006

Summerbirds in the Cellar


Well, I thought I'd let you all know--the rumors...they're TRUE. I'm sorry, but there's another blog in my life. Don't worry baby! You know you're my only true love! This other blog is just a temporary thing. I'm posting for a few days over at Great Body of Water while Alex is out of town.

Earlier today, on GBOW, I posted about an incredible band that I have yet to share with you all, Summerbirds in the Cellar. They're affectionately known as "1/2 of Now It's Overhead. I was handed a copy of this amazing side-project's album, With The Hands Of The Hunter It All Becomes Dead, at the Now It's Overhead concert I last attended (Read the Review), and I've been listening to it quite a bit since then.

It's that perfect blend of dreamrock, pink floyd, and electronic ambience. I would be remiss to try and pinpoint any real influences from listening to the entire album. This is not, however, the typical inoffensive rock side-project that you might be expecting. No, this is quality music. Does is challenge my tastes? No. Does is play right to them? Yes. Do I mind that? Not on your life. The instrumentals are flawless, compelling, and shiny. The vocals are decent on most tracks, and even rise to a level we can call "good" on certain tracks. This is an extremely cohesive album, and you've got to give it a listen. Even if it isn't going to bring the revolution to your backyard, it can still make you tap your toes like the best of them.

Downloads:
Summerbirds in the Cellar - Behold the Wolf.mp3
Summerbirds in the Cellar - Beware Of False Prophets.mp3

Links:
Clever Titles Are So Last Summer's Post on the Summerbirds
My Old Kentucky Blog's Post on the Summerbirds

+joe

Posted by SL @ 4:40 AM

Links to this post:

Create a Link